This week’s Meatless Monday recipe is tortilla soup – quick, easy, and packed with veggie goodness!
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 green capiscum
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 can black beans
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tortillas
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 avocado
- Grated cheese, to serve
1) Heat the oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and cook for around 5 minutes, until soft. Add the crushed garlic, cumin, lime juice, capsicum and jalapeño pepper, stir and cook for a couple more minutes.
2) Make up the stock according to the instructions, then turn down the heat and add to the pan.
3) Rinse and drain the beans and add to the pan
4) Simmer the soup with the heat turned down for around 30 minutes
5) Add the chopped coriander and tortilla slices
6) Top with avocado and a little grated cheese, and serve
Tried one of our Meatless Monday Recipes? Let us know!