At ettitude we’ve got a great idea for every meal this Mother’s Day. Here five vegan recipes for Mother’s Day that are sure to make mum feel special without requiring you to spend all day in the kitchen.
Start Mum’s day with some yummy vegan pancakes.
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of cane sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/8 of a teaspoon of salt
1 cup of soy milk
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 cup mixed berries
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk, vegetable oil and mixed berries to your mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into the pan.
- Flip pancakes once you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake.
This is one lunch dish that is sure to impress Mum (and you don’t have to tell her how easy it really is!)
Thinly sliced pumpkin
1 bunch silverbeet, washed and chopped coursely
350-500 g sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, crushed
800 g can diced tomatoes
500 g soy cream cheese (try Kingland soy cream cheese)
3/4 cup soy milk
2 tspn ‘Egg-Like’ or ‘No Egg’
sesame seeds, roasted
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Line baking dish with baking paper
- Spray oil on pumpkin and roast till cooked
- Heat oil in large saucepan on high
- Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until tender
- Stir in tomato.
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Wipe out pan
- Heat more oil on high
10. Saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, until tender
11. Add silverbeet, lower heat
12. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally 1-2 minutes till wilted
13. Season to taste
14. In a blender, mix soy cream cheese, soy milk and No-Egg
15. Assemble lasagne in large baking dish, layering various ingredients with lasagne sheets to own pattern, leaving sufficient soy cream cheese mix to cover top layer of lasagne sheets
16. sprinkle sesame seeds over top
17. Cover with aluminium foil
18. Bake 35-40 minutes until tender
Yummy Chocolate Mousse
This super easy chocolate mousse is perfect for sweets!
1 medium, soft avocado
2 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons of 100 % pure maple syrup
2 medjool dates, softened in warm water
1 pinch of flaky sea salt
¾ cup of hemp milk (or any other plant based milk)
- Blend all ingredients
- Decorate with cacao nibs and lots of mixed berries.
A gorgeous hearty dinner for mum, best served with a glass of red wine.
1 Cup of lentils
I tin of Tomatoes
- Fry garlic, onion and chili until the onion is clear.
- Add dry thyme
- Add I cup of red wine and reduce.
- Add tinned tomatoes and lentils.
- Bring to boil simmer.
- Bring water to the boil with salt add pasta.
- Add salt and pepper to lentils.
- Serve, awesome.
Vegan Chocolate Mudcake
Spoil mum with a mudcake so moist it melts in your mouth.
200g Wholemeal flour
200g Plain flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
350g Caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
250ml Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix with a mixer on high for a couple of minutes.
- Pour into baking tin (or try 2 round cake tins and ice in the middle and on top).
- Cook for approx 40mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then ice with vegan choc icing or dust with icing sugar.
Check out some more of our favourite recipes for Mother’s Day on Pintrest. Happy cooking!